Yoga / Pilates

Yep! My ankles did not like me leaning on top of them either. And having my legs up in the air does not work with hamstrings that are 3cm long like mine! :joy:

1 Like

I just didn’t seem to be in the right frame of mind this evening, properly grumpy & tired. Exercises were straight forward enough. I’m guessing like all training sometimes you’re just going to have to plough through & hopefully be on it for the next one.

2 Likes

Yep I had that yesterday. Just wasn’t feeling it.

I’ve just run a slippy, muddy trail marathon. My hips and hams are even tighter than usual. Tomorrow’s yoga is gonna be interesting!

1 Like

Enjoyed day 18 today. Lots of nice core work. Especially as my back was giving me grief today. Feeling much better now. Easy run with the little one on the bike at lunch helped to loosen things out as well, on what has been a difficult work day that was pretty full on from the moment i woke up today. Feel much more chilled out now.

1 Like

I think I’m going to reach out to Adriene on her socials & ask if she can take a bloody great marker pen to her hands & feet & put a big L & R on them.

3 Likes

:joy: Spot on!

1 Like

Day 23 my HR dropped as low as 41bpm, enjoyed that session.

Did day 24 last night & it was possibly the most strenuous so far, I’m sure even Adriene had a bit of a glow on.

Shoulders seem much more relaxed, that may be due to lack of swimming but my hips still can’t handle sitting cross-legged.

Still ticking them off & looking at what we’ll be doing after the January sessions end.

2 Likes

yes we’ve discussed that too. We found another 2 x 30 day courses on her YouTube pages, so we’ll probs just dive into them.

1 Like

Day 28.

Dancer Pose + Crow Pose = Carnage chez Doonhamer :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah that got my heart pounding today. And it was NOT pretty!

1 Like

Still getting the yoga done regularly with Mrs D. Just finished the 30 Days With Adriene (2015).

My daughter saw this & thought of us

3 Likes

I’m on day 27 of breath today. I’m strangely getting used to half hour at 9pm when it gets quiet. Should have done this years ago. My stability has improved no end the past few weeks.

5 Likes

playing catch up here - day 4 breath and enjoying so far

4 Likes

started Day 1 of home . Wonder how that will go, but presume its much the same as Breath. In between I’ve done some of the Abi 15minute ones and there are videos from Tara Stiles that are really hard. I need to start working out my own patterns so i do the stuff i really need more of, like sitting cross legged :wink:

local yoga classes start tomorrow morning (Friday) - outdoors to start with so weather had best be nice.

I can feel a lot of groaning coming on… :smile:

2 Likes

OK. I’m back on the wagon. Wasn’t being very productive at my laptop, so just closed the lid and got down for a 30 min session before nursery pick up.

Made all the more weird with the gas workers on my road working right outside the window and trying not look in as I contorted my crippled body! :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Joining in for next few weeks. Day 2 today, 20 minutes to loosen off.
I use the Downward Dog app as got it free through NHS, was offered as trial last April and they kept extending. Like it, but might try Abi just to compare.

1 Like

Day 5 for me today

Don’t like the sound of tomorrow - Burn

1 Like

OK, i’m in for this. Will start ‘Breath’ this evening, and see if I can rope Mrs MC in too.

3 Likes

I’ve changed, no longer primarily a triathlete :joy::rofl::joy:

7 Likes