Yoga / Pilates

I downloaded a mediation app. See how long that lasts :rofl:

3 Likes

thank goodness - thought you were going all soft on us with some meditation :crazy_face:

1 Like

Namaste :pray:

Which way to enlightenment oh Scottish one?

2 Likes

That way :arrow_right: … no this way :arrow_left: No… :arrow_heading_up: Hang on … errr :thinking::thought_balloon: … … … … :arrows_counterclockwise:?? … :persevere: ooh

1 Like

Ha, ha me & Adriene :crossed_fingers:

Day 8 - Snuggle

Harder than I sounded until the bit at the end where you got to lie down and totally relax

3 Likes

:joy:
I recall that one coming on a particularly challenging day with the kiddos. I actually fell asleep at the end, as I opened my eyes and the video had completely ended! :joy:

2 Likes

I think day 9 has broken me - lower back not right since - too much stretching to reach over the toes (or in the general direction thereof) and forward fold

Going to have to have a few more days off before going back to it and then being careful about how I practice

2 Likes

Took part in ‘salty sips’ this morning - 6am yoga quick in/out dip in the sea, and into the local coffee shops. Feel rather hipster/life through instagram, but it was a nice way to see the sunrise.
Impressive that throughout winter there’s been over 100 people every week.

6 Likes

Through ‘winter’ you mean Chris. You’re a northerner! :joy:

:sweat_smile: Doesn’t stop it being 12C water!

1 Like

Followed a couple of Adriene videos over the last couple of days.

Lower back and hips and yoga for runners.

Anything stretching quads, hamstrings and hips I’m really liking

Anyone got any particular favourite videos of hers?

Her dog has features in both videos so far. I assume he’s a regular :rofl:

Benji is in loads

Try one of her 30 day programs?

I did a 30 day programme which was good. only downside is some are a bit long but once started i had to continue!

Yeah 30 dayers are good. They give you a really good gorunding in the moves, terminology etc. Then it’s easier to dip in and out of random ones as you can make small adaptations on the go to suit you.

Breath is the one i started with and that was good.

I, now, tend to just look for ones in the 15-30 min range, as that’s all i really have time for.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking.

I’ve quite enjoyed the 20 minutes videos, kind of the perfect amount of time for me.

She almost has too much choice really

Ive been doing the Sufferfest ones as well (Abi Carver also on the Tubes), 15minutes only but they are definitely a bit tougher than most of Adrienes ones

I had been upping my yoga game again before this illness hit.

YWA just released a promo for her annual January 30 day course.

That’s me in. Anyone else?

Move - A 30 Day Yoga Journey | Yoga With Adriene: Move - A 30 Day Yoga Journey | Yoga With Adriene - YouTube

6 Likes

In

Definitely going to stick to the full 30 days this year!

3 Likes

I really should. I seem to have pretty much sacked off swimming atm :roll_eyes:, so no excuses.

2 Likes