Day 7 was definitely a recovery day.

2 Likes

Glad you said that! I’ve a belly full of carbonara

3 Likes

Day 5 for us - Adriene says “ooh 3 cardinals” - meaning

Mrs T however thought Adriene had seen these walking past her studio

Couldn’t take the rest of the session very seriously :rofl:

5 Likes

Proper? Or was cream added by some kind of monster.

Actually made a slightly left field version… Mascarpone and parmesan with a splash of pasta water. Chorizo and mushroom. Was delicious.

1 Like

Very nice. Years ago, before I met my wife, I went out with an Italian lady. She would slap you and shout some obscenities for making that though. Not so much for making, but it calling carbonnara.

Only Italians get that aerated by people fucking with their food. Not even the French get their knickers in a twist that much

2 Likes

Is Day 8 leading me into a false sense of security. Should I worry it’s called “Rest”. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m stuffed full of curry. Just chatted to the wife and think I’m just gonna skip today’s one. She said she got pretty bored and she’s normally good with breathing and meditating stuff.

Day 8 is very easy, I knew it would be when Adrienne rocked up in her cardigan :grin:.

2 Likes

I’m way behind but will do day 4 this evening.

About all I’m good for. Day 3s warrior poses burnt my thighs yesterday evening!

1 Like

Day 6 was a toughie - you were right

1 Like

Day 8 I spent 10minutes just lying on my back at the end. Was a bit boring. I guess today may make up for 2 easy days

I had a go at this last night, I wasn’t expecting much but even on that basis I was sh1t.
On the plus side I’ve got something to work towards as I reckon I managed about half of it properly (probably being a bit generous at that) so if/when I can do it all I’ll have got somewhere.
I’m thinking of doing this 2/3 times per week, separate to my weights workouts so would be grateful of any feedback on whether this is a decent routine or there’s something better out there.

3 Likes

@jorgan I think it was you that said you were given one as a gift.

But I Tried out the Shakti mat this morning. Actually quite enjoyed it and I think I fell asleep.

That’s probably a lot to do with a late night out (for us) with Mrs GB last night, with the little one waking up early all week. Also only but if peace I’d had in 3 hours today!

Back is all itchy now. Guess you have to do it every day to see some continued benefit?

3 Likes

My wife’s mat arrived in the post yesterday. I was taken aback at how vicious the spikes look - they are brutal looking. It’s hidden in the wardrobe until her May birthday now so I’ve no feedback.

2 Likes

Jesus, that looks like you’ve been savaged by stinging nettles

2 Likes

Anyone manage the day 13 hand stand thing. I’ve never managed before but getting close. My wrists too weak though to hold balance for more than a couple of seconds :rofl:

1 Like

Just finished Day 13 myself…didn’t enjoy it & not just because of my attempts at The Crow.

I’m not sure if I wasn’t in the right frame of mind - I was looking forward to my cider :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: - or if Adrienne was being a bit impatient this evening :man_shrugging: .

2 Likes

Yeah same. Was too close to finishing my dinner, and I just wasn’t focussed. Also lounge was too hot so I was sweating.

I can do the crow, can stay there about 20 odd secs or more I reckon. Would be funny to see a montage of us inflexible old cronies all attempting it! :joy:

It was the half moon things that killed me today. The outside of my hips are so chronically tight that as soon as I liftu leg off the ground and put the slightest twist in, the standing leg hip screams immediately, then pain goes through the roof forcing me to stop.

I really need to do some proper targeted hip release stuff!

3 Likes