Yoga / Pilates

Why can’t they just rename it Pirates and save me some brain cells?

I find that hard to believe

Mr fucking Speedy - I’ve got my eyes on you. You’re the fast one.

When my heel’s in order. And my cycling is EVEN BETTER! I’m comin’ for ya all

Obviously I haven’t been drinking

:thinking::laughing:

1 Like

Actually in all seriousness my brother showed me a few Pilates things ( he’s a climber ) and my god it got me ripped - but that was back in 2005

1 Like

I’d like to do some Yoga or Pilates to work on my balance, core and strength. Not sure which one to go for - I suppose I could give them both a go and see… From what I’ve read Yoga is more position and hold, whereas Pilates is positions + a bit more, is that right?

1 Like

@Doonhamer is doing both at rhe moment…

2 Likes

I’m really not sure what the distinction is. They both seem to borrow from each other & the amount they do appears to be at the whim of the instructor.

I think that pilates seems to be more dynamic & yoga focusses on slow control of movement.

They both hurt.

1 Like

Thanks chaps - I’ve booked in for a HOT YOGA session :hot_face:

1 Like

Right. I’m giving the new YWA a go again this year. Desperately need the flexibility, stretching and strength as well as that motivation to be consistent.

Day 1 :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

I did day 1 today as well. My PF has flaired up in my right foot again and Yoga “cured” it before so here’s hoping

2 Likes

Too late to get up today and not home from work until 9.30pm ffs

Going to be a day behind

1 Like

Day 1 done

3 Likes

So feel like I should probably try this as my back and hips have been giving me gyp. I had a recollection of looking at this before and finding that Adrienne intensely irritating. Just clicked on her YouTube channel and yep, still irritating.

I wonder if Dave Goggins has a yoga video?

4 Likes

I only watch for Benji :wink:
in fact hes been in so many videos, maybe she should step it up and have Benji showing us the downward dog

4 Likes

Day 2 done early, and today is the first day I got out of bed and didnt limp to the bathroom in weeks. weird! I guess i just need to stretch those calf muscles in “downward dog” more regularly, as I’m sure its this in particular that helps the PF!

Seems a bit “easy” so far, I bet day 6 is terrible as it is every year

3 Likes

How very dare you!

2 Likes

Day 2 :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Day 1 done. Wasnt as annoying I was expecting, was harder than I was expecting though!

3 Likes

Day 2 done.

Was wondering why I was aching and its from this!

2 Likes

Missed today

Back at it tomorrow

2 Likes

Day 5 done, perfect for someone laid up with Covid. Woke me up nicely

2 Likes